With this 3-day PRINCE2® Practitioner course you will learn how to apply the PRINCE2 project management method. You will also be prepared to take the internationally renowned PRINCE2® Practitioner Certificate (½ day, optional). The course is supported by a unique e-learning tool.
Participants completing this course will be able to:
- Know how to apply the PRINCE2 project management method in practice
- Appreciate the opportunities to tailor the method to specific organisational and/or project requirements
- Take the PRINCE2® Practitioner Exam
- Class-time: the 3-day course is a combination of classical training and homework (supported by e-learning). The homework forms an integrated part of the training. In case of insufficient participation, you may not be allowed to take the exam.
- E-learning: participants will get access to a unique e-learning environment to acquire the necessary skills and insights into the method. The e-learning facilities include exam preparation functionality.
- (Exam - ½ day, optional): based upon experience we propose to hold the PRINCE2® Practitioner Exam at least two weeks after the training completion. This provides participants sufficient time to memorise the course content.
Course participants will receive:
- A syllabus with the presentation material accredited by APMG
- The book: "Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2®, 2009 Edition"
- Access to the e-learning environment
The target audience for this course consists of:
- People that want to get an in-depth insight into the PRINCE2 method
- People that want to learn how to apply PRINCE2
- People that want to obtain the PRINCE2® Practitioner Certificate
PRINCE2® Practitioner Certificate:
(upon successful completion of the PRINCE2® Practitioner Exam)
More than 95% of our participants pass the exam! Read more
Prerequisite: A pass at the PRINCE2® Foundation level is a precondition of sitting the PRINCE2® Practitioner examination.
The PRINCE2® Practitioner Exam is aiming to measure whether a candidate could apply PRINCE2 to the running and managing of a non-complex project within an environment supporting PRINCE2.
To this end they need to exhibit the competence required for the PRINCE2® Foundation Qualification, and show that they can apply and tailor PRINCE2 to address the needs and problems of a given project scenario.
PRINCE2® Practitioner Exam candidates must be able to:
- Know or comment on detailed explanations of all processes, themes and techniques, and worked examples of all PRINCE2 management products as they might be applied to address the particular circumstances of a given project scenario
- Demonstrate that they understand the relationships between processes, themes, techniques and PRINCE2 management products and can apply this understanding
- Demonstrate that they understand the reasons behind the processes, themes and techniques of PRINCE2
- Demonstrate their ability to tailor PRINCE2 to different project environments
The PRINCE2® Practitioner Exam has the following characteristics:
- Open book exam (only the original PRINCE2 manual is allowed)
- Time allotted for the examination: 2½ hours
- The PRINCE2® Practitioner Exam is in the "Objective Testing" format, a style of complex multiple-choice examination
- 9 questions per paper with 12 marks available per question – all question items will be worth 1 mark, making the total number of marks available per paper 108
- The pass mark is 55%
Course duration: 3 days + ½ day PRINCE2® Practitioner exam (optional)
Trainer: Mireille Dobbelaere
PRINCE2® is a Registered Trade Mark of the Cabinet Office.