With this 2½-day PRINCE2® Foundation course, you will learn the basics of the PRINCE2 project management method. The principles of the method will become clear and the processes, themes and techniques of PRINCE2 will be elaborated. Participants will be able to take the official exam in order to obtain the internationally renowned PRINCE2® Foundation Certificate. The course is supported by a unique e-learning tool.
Participants completing this course will be able to:
- Know the basic principles of the PRINCE2 project management method
- Take the PRINCE2® Foundation Exam
- Class-time: during the 2-day class you will get to know the method and apply it on some cases:
- Principles of project-oriented work
- PRINCE2: background, principles and set-up
- PRINCE2: elaboration of the processes, themes and techniques
- PRINCE2: practice with examples
- E-learning: participants will get access to a unique e-learning environment that covers all relevant PRINCE2 topics. Users of the e-learning tool can determine themselves the level of depth of the study based on their personal learning objectives. The topics covered in the e-learning tool go beyond what is required to pass the PRINCE2® Foundation Exam.
- (Exam - ½ day, optional): based upon experience we propose to hold the PRINCE2® Foundation Exam at least one week after the training completion. This provides participants sufficient time to memorise the course content.
Course participants will receive:
- A syllabus with the presentation material accredited by APMG
- The book: "PRINCE2® Compact"
- Access to the e-learning environment
The target audience for this course consists of:
- People that want to learn the basics of the PRINCE2® method
- People that want to learn the basics of project management
- People that want to obtain the PRINCE2® Foundation Certificate
PRINCE2® Foundation Certificate:
(upon successful completion of the PRINCE2® Foundation Exam)
More than 99% of our participants pass the exam! Read more
The PRINCE2® Foundation Exam is aiming to measure whether a candidate would be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2 method within a project environment supporting PRINCE2.
To this end they need to show they understand the principles and terminology of the PRINCE2 method.
PRINCE2® Foundation Exam candidates must be able to:
- Describe the purpose and major content of all PRINCE2 roles, the seven themes, the seven processes and the sub-processes, and the techniques
- State which project management products are input to, and output from the seven processes
- State the main purpose, and key contents, of the major management products
- State the relationships between processes, deliverables, roles and the management dimensions of a project
The PRINCE2® Foundation Exam has the following characteristics:
- Closed book exam
- Time allotted for the examination: 60 minutes
- 75 multiple-choice questions (5 questions to be trial and not counted in scores)
- Each correct answer is worth one (1) point
- Only one answer is correct
- 35 marks required (out of 70 available) to pass – 50%
Course duration: 2 days + ½ day PRINCE2® Foundation exam (optional)
Trainer: Mireille Dobbelaere