Many organisations are challenged heavily by the management of strategic changes through programmes (clusters of interrelated projects and non-projectwise activities).
Programme management focuses, in addition to many product-oriented project management methodologies, on the delivery of business outcomes and benefits, contributing to strategic changes. These change initiatives are by nature large and complex, and have a major impact on the organisation as a whole. MSP (Managing Successful Programmes) is a powerful tool helping these organisations to successfully manage these changes.
This 3-day MSP Foundation Training course will offer you a complete overview of all elements of the MSP methodology, and will effectively prepare you for the MSP Foundation certification. The course is supported by a unique e-learning tool.
Participants completing this course will be able to:
- Gain insights in programme management and working in programmes
- Obtain basic knowledge of the MSP methodology
- Obtain basic skills in applying the MSP methodology
- Take the MSP Foundation Exam
- Class-time: the programme encompasses several practical exercises to increase the student's insight into the application of the methodology:
- Introduction to programme management
- From strategy to programme
- Types of programmes and strategies
- Programme start-up and organisation
- An overview of MSP (2011 release) principles, themes, roles and processes
- Stepwise changes
- Stakeholder engagement
- Risk management
- Benefits management
- Managing the transition
- Programme planning and control
- Multi-project planning
- Quality management in a programme environment
- The blueprint and project dossier
- E-learning: participants will get access to the unique web based Exam Trainer which covers all relevant aspects of the MSP methodology. The Exam Trainer allows you to choose the level of detail at which you wish to acquire knowledge and understanding off the methodology, reaching even further than the minimal exam requirements.
- (Exam – optional): the MSP Foundation Exam is taken immediately following the completion of the training course.
Course participants will receive:
- A syllabus with the presentation material accredited by APMG
- The book: "Managing Successful Programmes" (2011 Edition)
- Access to the e-learning environment
The target audience for this course consists of:
- Anyone who wishes to acquire basic knowledge of the MSP method, e.g., Senior Responsible Owners, Programme Managers, Business Change Managers, members of change teams and project teams within programmes, project managers, members of the programme support office, auditors or members of quality departments dealing with programme assurance
MSP® 2011 Foundation Certificate:
(upon successful completion of the MSP Foundation Exam)
The Foundation level exam is aimed at people who want to (or already) work in a programme environment, and especially at those who need to be familiar with MSP terminology and concepts.
The MSP Foundation Exam has the following characteristics:
- Closed book exam
- Time allotted for the examination: 60 minutes
- 75 multiple-choice questions (5 questions to be trial and not counted in scores)
- Each correct answer is worth one (1) point
- Only one answer is correct
- 35 marks required (out of 70 available) to pass – 50%
Course duration: 3 days
Trainer: Wil Hendrickx
MSP® is a Registered Trade Mark of the Cabinet Office.
to open our Terms & Conditions